192.168.1.1 Admin Router Login
192.168.1.1 is default IP Address of wireless router which can be used as a control panel for managing the router settings. If you got a new internet connection or want to reset the router settings, then this article will be more than helpful for you. Each Router has its own IP like 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.11 or 192.168.01 or 192.168.ll. IP’s mentioned here some of them and an exhaustive list is available at Default IP Address. Users having access to Admin Login IP’s can check your how to log in and how to recover password and how to reset the password on this page.
You might not aware of the default IP address of your router but still, you might have searched for 192.168.1.1. This is because it is the most common default gateway used across the world. It is not hard and fast rule that 192.168.1.1 will be the default IP address of your router but this is the most common IP address. This is just a standard convention which is being followed by router brands as their default address. This is for ease and convenience of users so that they need not go through the lengthy manual of routers. 10.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.1 are the other two most common IP address after 192.168.11 Login IP Address. You will find complete details of all default IP addresses here
Usage of 192.168.1.1
You will have complete administrative access of your router with 192.168.1.1 if this is the default IP address of your router. With 192.168.1.1. you can manage Security settings, Network settings, Proxy settings, LAN settings, WLAN settings, QoS, DNS settings, PPPOE, MAC, WPS, DSL, DHCP client, ASDL etc. The configuration of router or your modem is mandatory for internet to work on connected devices.
For a better understanding of Default IP address or Default gateway, you can refer below article.
How to login to 192.168.1.1 Router Admin Panel
- Connect your device (Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop, Mac book) with the router through WiFi or Ethernet Cable. Make sure the router is switched on
- Open any browser like IE, Mozilla, Chrome, Safari on the device
- Copy or type http://192.168.1.1 in browser and press enter
- If you are getting an error like “Page cannot be displayed”, then it means either you are not connected with router WiFi or 192.168.1.1 is not default IP address of your router. Please re-check if the WiFi connection is proper and if still issue persists then follow these steps to Find default IP address of your router/modem.
- The home page of the admin panel will be displayed and it will ask for username and password. You can enter the default username and password of your router. Please click here to know the default username and password of your router. Also, you can find username and password on the label of your router/modem. If you want to change the password, the same can be done through 192.168.1.1 home page. Please click here if you had changed the password and forgot it.
- Once username and password are entered, you are logged into Panel of router and configurations can be done as per your need.
We have created a short video also for better understanding on how to Login to 192.168.1.1 Login.
You can watch the video directly on Youtube also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_SFncyFS54&t=16s
If you don’t know the password of your router, you can recover the same reading below article.
Routers for which 192.168.1.1 is default IP address
Following routers will have 192.168.1.1 as their default IP address for control panel but it is not mandatory that all routers of this company will have 192.168.1.1 as their default address. For example:
- SMC Networks
- U.S. Robotics
Click here to check the complete list of Routers.
Why there are different default IP Address for router/Model Control Panel
This can be explained with a very simple example from day to day life. Reverse gear is mandatory in cars, the company like Maruti provides reverse gear opposite to 5th gear whereas for Hyundai cars you need to lift the gear for applying reverse gear. In the same manner, providing a control panel is mandatory for change settings but the default address is provided by router manufacturer company.
How to know WiFi Password from 192.168.1.1
If you are connected to some WiFi and want to know WiFi password, it can be retrieved from 192.168.1.1.
For example, you went to some cafe/restaurant and WiFi password is saved on your phone. To retrieve the password, you can log in to http://192.168.1.1 and try with default admin username and password. You can refer links mentioned above for how to get default username and password for 192.168.1.1
Once you login to 192.168.1.1 WiFi password can be seen in plain text there.