192.168.1.1 Admin Router Login
192.168.1.1 is default IP Address of wireless router which can be used as control panel for managing the router settings. If you got a new internet connection or reset the router settings ,then this article will be more than helpful for you. Each Router have it’s IP As Like this manner : 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.11 or 192.168.01 or 192.168.ll as these are some ip addresses. All the users have these Admin Login IP’s can check your how to login and how to recover password and how to reset password.
It is not hard and fast rule that 192.168.11 will be the default IP address of your router but this is the most common IP address. This is just a standard convention which is being followed by router brands as their default address. This is for ease and convenience of users so that they need not go through the lengthy manual of routers. 10.0.0.1 and 192.168.0.1 are other two most common IP address after 192.168.11 Login IP Address.
Usage of 192.168.1.1
You will have complete administrative access of your router will 192.168.1.1 if this is default IP address of your router. With 192.168.1.1. you can manage Security settings, Network settings, Proxy settings, LAN settings, WLAN settings, IP Qos, DNS settings, PPPOE, MAC, WPS, DSL ,DHCP client, ASDL etc. Configuration of router or your modem is mandatory for internet to work on connected devices.
For better understanding of Default IP address or Default gateway you can refer below article.
How to login to 192.168.1.1 Router Admin Panel
- Connect your device (Smartphone, Tablet, Laptop, Mac book) with router WiFi.
- Open any browser like IE, Mozilla, Chrome, Safari on the device
- Copy or type http://192.168.1.1 in browser and press enter
- If you are getting error like “Page cannot be displayed”, then it means either you are not connected with router WiFi or 192.168.1.1 is not default IP address of your router. Please re-check if WiFi connection is proper and if still issue persists then follow these steps to Find default IP address of your router/modem.
- Home page of admin panel will be displayed and it will ask for username and password. You can enter default username and password of your router. Please click here to know default username and password of your router. Also you can find username and password on label of your router/modem. If you want to change the password, same can be done through 192.168.1.1 home page. Please click here if you had changed the password and forgot it.
- Once username and password is entered, you are logged into Panel of router and configurations can be done as per your need.
We have created a short video also for better understanding on how to Login to 192.168.1.1 Login.
You can watch video directly on Youtube also. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_SFncyFS54&t=16s
If you don’t know password of your router, you can recover the same reading below article.
Routers for which 192.168.1.1 is default IP address
Following routers will have 192.168.1.1 as their default IP address for control panel but it is not mandatory that all routers of this company will have 192.168.1.1 as their default address. For example:
- SMC Networks
- U.S. Robotics
Click here to check complete list of Routers.
Why there are different default IP Address for router/Model Control Panel
This can be explained with a very simple example from day to day life. Reverse gear is mandatory in cars, company like Maruti provides reverse gear opposite to 5th gear whereas for Hyundai cars you need to lift the gear for applying reverse gear. In same manner, providing control panel is mandatory for change settings but default address is provided by router manufacturer company.
How to know WiFi Password from 192.168.1.1
If you are connected to some WiFi and want to know WiFi password, it can be retrieved from 192.168.1.1.
For example, you went to some cafe/restaurant and WiFi password is saved on your phone. To retrieve password, you can login to http://192.168.1.1 and try with default admin username and password. You can refer links mentioned above for how to get default username and password for 192.168.1.1
Once you login to 192.168.1.1 WiFi password can be seen in plain text there.